Culminating events are the ‘FUN Factor’ and a very effective way to create positive memories in physical education. Check out my FUN Factor blog as part of the Gopher PE Blog Series where I share the “FUN Factor Formula” to guide your event planning. Here are some of the resources I spoke about in my blog:
The FUN Factor: Culminating Events in Physical Education (Workshop Session Handout)
- FUN Factor Session PowerPoint
- Supporting handouts for Family Fitness Night are on this BLOG page
- Article on page 15 of 2014 Summer SHAPE Washington Journal for High School Culminating Events by Lisa Kloke
- SHAPE Nationals Presentation Slideshow notes: "Spice Up Your PE - Special Events in PE"
- Pedometer Activities to Enhance Cross-curricular Learning: WalkSmart, Virginia Technical Resource Guide